
I'm making more purses. These will be gifts that I plan to take with me to Dallas next weekend. All are pre-felted in this ph0to. Notice my latest investment in
Noni patterns! Remember when I
posted about taking a purse workshop back in July? Well, the instructor was Nora of Noni Bags. She has recently published some of her purse patterns for the first time, and I picked mine up at my
lys. The two purses on the left in the photo will be a garden party bag with red flowers and the striped one a small carpet bag. In the photo I have four of the five petals done to make the first flower. I love her patterns, especially the flower patterns. Check out the pink flower pattern shown on the bottom right. It's called a "spider chrysanthemum." I've never seen anything like it! Is that cool looking or what? Okay, moving on, the two purses on the right are my version of
sophie bags with novelty yarn used in the last nine rows. (I have made the
pink one before.) I plan to use acrylic or bamboo handles on all of the purses and Nora recommended an
online source with a huge selection to choose from. Cascade yarn is used (double strand) for both the purses and flowers. Guess what? I'm using yarn from my stash for each purse (except novelty yarn), which puts a smile on my face. This week my goal is to finish making the flowers for the garden party bag (pictured as the green bag with the blue flowers) and to felt everything and attach the handles. Hopefully I can get it all done by Friday and keep that smile on my face! Check back for a photo of the completed bags.
2 Comments:
I can't wait to see all the flowers on the garden party bag!
oooh, can't wait to see all your finished bags. i told myself i can't start another bag until i finish all my baby projects AND all my WIPs. so i'll be living vicariously through you ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home