Austin is Awesome!

Austin has come through in a BIG way for the approximately 4,000 evacuees at our convention center! There are so many volunteers showing up, they are being turned away! We are being told to call the local Red Cross office to get on the volunteer waiting list. I called on Tuesday, left my name, phone number and e-mail address and was told by the recording that I would be contacted by the end of this week. The recording also said that there were 100 volunteers on the list ahead of me! This evening I headed downtown and I came upon the exit off the highway where a donation center was located, and there was an electronic sign flashing "Donation center closed. Thank you, Austin!" Wow! Austinites have come through in a huge way, folks. We have donated beyond capacity and volunteered beyond need. I'm impressed and proud to be a Austinite.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home