A Moving Story about Knitting and Hurricane Katrina
I came across a really moving story on how a Katrina evacuee found comfort in knitting, while waiting out the storm at a home of a complete stranger. It's worth the read.
.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
I came across a really moving story on how a Katrina evacuee found comfort in knitting, while waiting out the storm at a home of a complete stranger. It's worth the read.
3 Comments:
That would be so amazing, to find a knitting buddy in the midst of all that. (Though, if we ever have to evacuate, I can't imagine Ana abandoning her yarn, much less any WIPs.) Say, you should join us one of these Sunday afternoons, Judy. We knit at a friend's apartment office nearish the hospital, since Wednesdays nights don't work for Ana, and the drive to CP is a little steep what with gas prices the way they are... Let me know if you're interested, or if you wanna schedule something else. Would love to see you! And you should see the baby. I can almost guarantee he will flirt with you! ;) --Ceci
When we evacuated, my knitting was the one thing I was sure to pack.
We meet 2-4, though the times are pretty flexible, especially at the end part of it. :) Email me if you want directions! ceci9293@hotmail.com -- and yes, my boy is such a ladykiller already... with those eyes! You should see his "coy smile" and hear him coo.
Post a Comment
<< Home