.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Finished Lilac Shrug

Yarn: Mary Maxim 2-ply 100% Cotton
Crochet Hook: size E
This is the finished lilac colored crocheted shrug! I must say, it is a perfect fit, and it looks great on my friend, Renee. This is shrug #3 using this pattern....... do you remember #1 and #2? I didn't think I would ever finish this project because of my "slump", but "I'm back!" I have started a new project, this time a sweater set for newborn twins. I'm using a Reynolds pattern: "Odyssey" # 82225 and I chose a yarn from my stash: Brooks Farm "Duet" wool/mohair blend in two colorways: blue & red. This is the progress so far on the little girl sweater......the pattern has an interesting ruffled edge that was a first for me. I'm using needle sizes 4 and 6, and so far, this yarn is a dream to work with!


10 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

the shrug is lovely. and she knits too! Can't wait to see the baby outfits.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Congrats on finishing the shrug! Is this your last one using that pattern? You must be sick of it by now; I know I would be.

Ooooh, I love Brooks Farm yarn! What lucky babies to get to wear it! I love the way it is knitting up so far. Keep up the good work.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shrug, as usual! And I got some Duet this weekend at KnE. It is my favorite yarn they make - I already started MY scarf - this one I am keeping for myself.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shrug is great--love that color! I also love those colors you've chosen for the baby knit.

Thanks for stopping by my blog--I'm actually in North Florida, Jacksonville. Are you visiting Miami--because you mentioned S. Fla?? Have a great holiday visit!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Nik said...

it looks great! and she wears it beautifully.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe crocheting the same pattern three times in a row is what put you in a slump in the first place. It turned out great though! Renee must be thrilled. I just bought some Duet. Can't wait to use it.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The shrug looks awesome, and awesome on your friend!

Those baby sweaters are going to look so cute...can't wait to see the completed projects!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

The shrug looks great, and beautiful on your friend.

I love the colors and ruffled edge of the baby sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home