Blue Shrug

Pattern: Leisure Arts Crocheted Shrugs
Yarn: Mary Maxim 2-ply 100% Cotton
Crochet Hook: size D
I finally finished shrug # 2. This one was more fun to make because I didn't have the worry of running out of yarn with the 1-lb cone. Yes, I had some left over, maybe ~300 yds. (it's hard to estimate.) Overall, I love this pattern, it's easy to understand, but more than anything, I love this cotton yarn. On shrug #1 I used a very expensive yarn, and lots of it, with a cost of around $66. But this cotton cone from Mary Maxim was only $12.97 + shipping! And I have some left over. It has a sheen just as nice as the Classic Elite 'Imagine', it's just as sturdy, and is definitely more lightweight, which is perfect for hot summer weather. It's a good thing this beauty is too snug for me, otherwise, I would be tempted to keep it. Now, on to shrug #3. Yes, you heard me right! A dear friend of mine saw me making this one and has put in her humble request. The next one will be lilac, her favorite color. I hope I don't tire of this pattern before I make myself one!
The cone on the left is what was left over after completing the shrug. The cone on the right is 1200 yds. in the color lilac which will be used for the next shrug.




9 Comments:
your blue shrug looks terrific!
Very Cute Judy!! Hopefully we'll get a modeled shot on the recipient too. Good luck with #3 and 4 - hope you don't get bored. It's a great pattern.
You're right. This yarn looks just as nice as the expensive yarn. What a great bargain! You have to make one for yourself. Don't run out of steam. So pretty!
It looks as good as the first one.
That is beautiful! I bet it will look great in lilac too. I love shades of purple.
Better load up on more of that cone yarn. Looks like you are in the shrug business. They are very fetching.
Look at you! Finishing stuff again... :) Cute shrug!
Is that not a great little pattern? I made two also... they're two of my favorite crocheted items.
well done , love the color.
Post a Comment
<< Home