.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Progress......and a new place to sit & knit

This is the progress I've made on shrug #3 from Leisure Arts #4357. (click on the photo to enlarge to get a better resolution.) This color is actually a lilac, although it looks blue. I'm using the same Mary Maxim cotton thread as the other two that I completed. This one is also a gift to a very dear friend who has taught me to make everyday count, as I watch her recover from a diagnosis of breast cancer and all that comes with that diagnosis. God bless you, Renee. I took this photo on the seat of my new bench which sits on my front porch. It is absolutely a great place to sit and knit, crochet, or read a book. It is a slider, no less. Nice, eh?
I received the Lion Brand Yarn fall/winter 2006 magazine in the mail, and although I'm not a huge fan of their yarns, I did see this free scarf pattern advertised. I like this scarf! It is delicate and if made with a nice soft wool, it would be a nice addition to my scarf collection. It's called the "Frill Seeker Scarf", if you are interested, check out the pattern.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

Your shrug is absolutely gorgeous. It's so delicate and feminine. I only work with yarn and so enjoy seeing the beautiful items made with thread. I've tried it and simply cannot manage that fine thread! Your work is lovely.

Blessings,
:)

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best time of the year to sit outside and knit or crochet. It's not too hot or too cold. Enjoy!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Beautiful shrug. You sit and knit area looks so peaceful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home