Crabsville, Florida
One of the quirky things of living in So. Florida is that whenever the barometric pressure changes, due to tropical depressions, etc., there is a mass exodus of crabs from the intracoastal waterway! My sister and parents live on the waterway, and several times a year, they watch in disbelief as their paradise turns into "Crabsville." Well, it happened again last week, and for several days the crabs were everywhere -- in their yards; in the wheel spaces of their autos - - sometimes even in the engine; inside every available overturned container; dodging traffic in the street; even walking down the sidewalks, with claws at-the-ready, threatening anything that gets in their way! If you open the door of your home without caution, they will run right in, and hide under the nearest piece of furniture. They are not afraid of humans, nor other animals. Foxy found out very quickly, that she'd better protect that very tender organ, called her nose!
Crab on the Seawall

I'm making progress on the sheep blanket. I'm beginning the third row of sheep -- there are six rows total. Of course, I'm working on other things at the same time! I'm working on the DMC teddy bear (it is a gift for the same recipient), as well as two pair of crocheted baby booties!






5 Comments:
Amazing, educational and so funny!
cinnie
haha! That crab story was hilarious, especially the pictures. The same thing happens here in central Texas but with crickets during their migration. It's creepy...
Thanks for the sweet note on my blog! I haven't been sick at all, just sooo exhausted and swollen, so I'm staying home. My mom remembers you. :)
I'm going to order the cotton for the blanket afterall (in that new denim color!), but thanks for the sub suggestion. What do you think of white homespun for the sheep themselves?
The DMC Teddy Bear is so cute...if only I knew how to crochet.
Judy,
What a funny story! I loved the pictures. Your knitting looks divine. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I'll be back to see yours again!
Emily
The sheep blankie is just so darn cute! Thanks much for stopping by, by the way. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home