Sheep Baby Blanket

I started a new project to give as a gift. It's called the "Sheep Blanket" and I got the pattern from the Fall 2004 issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting. I'm using a 100% cotton yarn (16/8 thickness and size 8 circs) for the blanket and "Plush" by Berroco for the sheep. The pattern called for "Pronto" by Berroco, a cotton/acrylic blend for the blanket, but I decided to use all cotton. I really like working with the "Plush", it is super soft and it feels as if I'm knitting with cotton balls! The body of the sheep are knitted using the intarsia method, and for the feet and head where the black "Plush" is needed, I'm using the duplicate stitch. The blanket is only 23"x28", so it shouldn't take too long to complete. Did you notice in the magazine photo that each corner of the blanket has a pom-pom? Really cute!





10 Comments:
oh my goodness, that is SOO CUTE!! what magazine is that pattern in?? are the sheeps knitted in our embroidered in? do tell!!
I think I have this magazine. This blanket is going on my "to knit list". Very cute!
Hi Judy! :) I got your button added to my blog (with some FTP help from Ana, sigh) and I'll be hopping by to read on a regular basis now. I just loved browsing through it! Your doxie is too cute, especially in that gorgeous sweater. You've made so many NICE things. Wonderful to have seen you again. I'll swing by next week and peek in on you. ;) --Ceci
Oh that's so cute. What a neat pattern. That will be one very lucky baby.
you make the cutest things. i want to see it when it's finished. are you adding the pom-poms?
That's pretty adorable. A very nice gift.
Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. I think you will like the way the lacy hat turns out. I would have emailed, but couldn't find your address even when I clicked on the button on your sidebar.
This blanket is adorable! I can't wait to see it finished.
Oh, Judy... I wanted to ask: there's no reference to the washability of the cotton on the Camilla Valley site. Do you know if it's machine wash/dry? And I see for certain that the Plush isn't. :( I'm concerned about that 'cause I'm not going to be handwashing a blanket! Pondering subs... your thoughts? --Ceci
Can't wait to hear Camilla Valley's response, Judy! I'm thinking that cotton will be fine, b/c she says you can use it to make bath towels. Who's going to special care wash/dry their bath towels?! And it's such lovely cotton for a great price; I really want to use it. If it doesn't work out, it's an easy gauge to find a sub for. I'm used to subbing, with my stubbornness about special care.
As for the Plush, Ana and I were thinking just plain ole Homespun. It's got the texture we want, and the gauge.
There is no hurry. I have to finish a WIP before I'm allowed to start a new one. ;) --Ceci
Post a Comment
<< Home