.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 19, 2007

Cabled Scarf & Hat




Pattern: My own (with inspiration from "Barbabra Walker's Treasury of Patterns"
Yarn: Reynolds 'Rapture'
Needle Size: 8
Dimensions: 8 1/2" x 60"

This is the finished cabled scarf that I made for my son. I sent it out to him today, and hope to receive a photo of him wearing it. I love the outcome, but have to admit that while I was knitting this up, the yarn felt too 'soft and fluffy' to have any real weight to hang nicely. Well, the magic of blocking took care of all of that! After blocking, this scarf has the weight to hang around the neck "with authority." Blocking is amazing, folks! This yarn, made of 50% wool and 50% silk, is very comforting to the touch, and I would highly recommend it for any project. I used 5 balls for the scarf, and with one ball left over, decided to make a simple matching hat with 4x4 ribbing.

8 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scarf! I think your son will too. Blocking is a knitter's magic potion.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful set! I will look for this yarn at my LYS. Are you surviving the cold weather? When I went to grad school in Austin, I saw exactly one snowflake that melted before it hit the ground!

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Scarf! The cable is beautiful.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn sounds like a dream! Gorgeous set!

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat and scarf are beutiful. I love the color choice too. I'm sure your son will love it.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Awesome job! I love the cable pattern you created!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
The scarf is absolutley beutiful. It was great to see you last Saturday. I always enjoy reading your blog. You will be proud of me..I updated my blog.
-Cindy

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is really pretty! love the cable design you incorporated into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home