'School Spirit' Scarf Progress
Indoor & Outdoor Photos
This is the progress so far on the scarf I'm making for my son, in his school color, maroon. It's a pattern that I pieced together, getting the inspiration from Barbara Walker's second treasury of knitting patterns. This stitch pattern is the "double-knotted lattice." It's very easy, yet gives an impressive, complicated look. Best of all, my son likes the look of the cabling! I'm using a yarn by Reynolds called "Rapture", it is 50% silk and 50% wool, at 4 sts per inch using a size 8 needle. If I had to do it over, I'd probaby use a size 9 needle, because this yarn is slightly bulky. One thing is certain: this scarf is going to be warm, because this fabric is quite dense!! So far I've completed 28 inches, and with six balls, I think I'll get near 70 inches at the end.





4 Comments:
The scarf is looking fabulous! I love that stitch!
Very nice stitch pattern! I'm wishing I'd used larger needles on my scarf too, just so I could finish it faster.
The scarf is beautiful...I love the pattern and color.
Oooh, preety pattern. Pretty color. Sounds like a luscous yarn.
Post a Comment
<< Home