Puppy Dogs & Pom Poms

These are the last of my Christmas gifts! Whew! This is the set for my other co-worker who has 5 year old twins. The Dalegarn scarf came out really cute, despite the absence of the "whiskers" near his mouth - - I just couldn't get them to look right, so he is "whiskerless." The "Barbie pink" Zig-Zag chevron scarf turned out so cute, I must make another one in the future.
All thanks to Pilar at the Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe who helped me make the pom-poms, just when I was tiring of wrapping & wrapping endless amounts of yarn around my cardboard cut-outs. So now that these are completed, I have cast-on for the swatch of my next project. It will be a scarf for my son in his school color, which is maroon. I was going to make him the Irish Hiking scarf, but after perusing Barbara Walker's knitting pattern book, I've decided to use her "double-knotted lattice" cable stitch.
The photo below represents the latest additions to my knitting library. The back row were Christmas gifts, and the two in front, "Happy Hooker" and "A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns" were from me buying myself gifts! Nice.............






6 Comments:
The scarves are awesome! The puppy one looks great even without the whiskers!
those scarves are the cutest!!! and what lovely gifts to add to your library!
Both scarves are adorable! Love the puppy ears. Great job on the embroidery too. I've always wanted to try the Zig-Zag Scarf. It looks good in a solid color. The novelty yarn is just the right touch for a 5 year girl.
The scarves are so adorable!
You continue to amaze me with your talent. The scarves are adorable!
Such cute, cute scarves! They would be the 2 most stylish and lucky twins!
Post a Comment
<< Home