Odyssey a' Blocking
All was going well, this is the second day the Odyssey pieces have been blocking, and having today off from work, I thought I would settle in to seaming the sweaters. BUT, you know there is always a "but" in any project......... I noticed there was a mistake on one of the red colorway sleeve edges. So now I have to decide how to fix it so that the sleeves actually match in stitching. Gee......Man.......I didn't do the purl rows on the right side after the ruffled edging. So I'm thinking I'll begin the sleeve edge again and then graft those new rows onto the existing sleeve after I cut and rip out the rows which include the mistake. I've never grafted anything other than a sock toe, but I think I'll give it a try. Why not just rip out the whole sleeve and re-knit it? Because I have other projects to finish knitting. 
The photo above shows the mistake - - the purl rows did not show on the right side.
This photo shows the correct edging with the purl rows on the right side.

This is the progress so far on the scarf. I have completed about 20 inches, just under the half-way point. I'm going to make the ears using a dark brown color. This scarf is done in the seed stitch, which I have found is slow-going compared to just plain stockinette stitch! Hopefully I can make some significant progress on this today.





2 Comments:
I've never grafted, but it sounds quicker than starting over. Happy Holiday!
Good luck on your grafting fix.
Seed stitch is a lot of work, but I love the results.
Post a Comment
<< Home