.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 31, 2006

"Odyssey" Sets are Finished!


Pattern: Reynolds "Odyssey" #82225 Yarn: Brooks Farm "Duet" Needle Size: 4 & 6

The Odyssey Baby Sweater sets are finished! My goal was to finish them within the first week after Christmas. These are a gift for a co-worker who had a set of twins - - a boy and a girl. I decided not to make the socks because I have to complete one more gift for another co-worker, also with a twins! Yes, that gift set will be the puppy-eared Dalegarn scarf and a pink chevron scarf with pom-poms. The Dalegarn scarf is finished, with only the ears to be sewn on, and I started the pink scarf last night.

I was successful in grafting a new sleeve edge to the existing sleeve that had an error. I cut and frogged the ruffled edge, put the live stitches on a needle and grafted the new sleeve edge to it. It was so easy and saved me a lot of time. Oh, check out the buttons on the girl sweater - - I made them! I couldn't find any that matched the colors in this yarn, so I referred to a button pattern leaflet that I had, and decided to crochet them. (ch 14, turn and sc in each chain. End. Tie piece in a knot and sew ends to back of knot.) They look great with the bobble theme in the pattern. Yes, I am pleased with the outcome of these sweaters and I loved working with this yarn.

11 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the colors

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those sweaters are gorgeous. You did a fabulous job.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Judy, the sweaters are beautiful! I love the colors, the patterns, how they coordinate but aren't identical. Great work - what lucky twins they are!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

They turned out great!

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these sweaters! The yarn knit up beautifully. Makes me want to do something with my Brooks Farm stash, but I haven't decided how to use it yet.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Oh, I love your labels. Where can I purchase some for myself?

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! You did a fantastic job--these sets are great!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow they look terrific!! great job!! =D

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Those look so good Mom! Like store-bought. :-)

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These really are gorgeous heirlooms! A super nice gift.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Milena Ivanova said...

I love these sets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home