.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, May 20, 2006

First Austin Knitting Meet-up

Today I attended the first gathering of a newly formed Austin Knitting meet-up group. It was held at Austin Java Cafe , also a first for me. We had a great turn-out of maybe 12 or 13. The atmosphere was nice, and I finally got the chance to meet fellow blogger "Julia." It was great seeing her after a year or so of internet communication. What a blast! Actually, she was the only one I 'knew', if you can call it that. We had a diverse group of gals, some beginners, some veterans, and of course I was the only one crocheting! As you know, I'm on shrug #3, and it's going slow because I'm in the middle of preparing for my son's high school graduation and party. But I remembered to bring my camera and here a few shots; the first one is of me and Julia.




2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Hi Judy. Thanks for letting me know about the meetup. I had two handbell concerts this weekend so couldn't make it, but please let me know when there are others - I'd like to check it out - looks like y'all had fun!

-Becky

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Looks like you had a nice big room to meet in. Good luck with graduation preparations. Matt's is on Friday, the day after his 18th birthday, so I know what you mean about being busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home