.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Berroco "Pie" Kimono

Pattern: Berroco "Pie"
Yarn: GGH Samoa (50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic)
Needles: size 8

This is the finished kimono baby gift. The yarn I chose was a great substitute, it's soft and better suited for our climate here. (The pattern called for merino wool.) There are snaps sewn underneath the crocheted bows, and a third snap holds the inside panel closed. I regretfully didn't have time to make a matching hat, so the extra ball or two will become a part of my stash. Overall, this is another project that I enjoyed, and would love to make again. Today I gifted this to my co-worker, and the smile on her face was priceless.

Close-up of the crocheted bows

Today I received a photo of the twins wearing the "Odyssey" sweater sets I made back in December. OMG they are so cute! Don't they look warm and content? All thanks to their mom, for sharing this photo with me. They are adorable.

Pattern Available at: Handworks Gallery.com & Knit, Purl & Beyond


Hey, you have got to check out Oiyi's latest FO; it's a beautiful little cabled baby hat. The free pattern was written by Purly Whites. This hat is definitely going on my to-do list! Thanks for sharing the source of the pattern, Oiyi.

7 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

The kimono is super cute! And the twins are so adorable in their handknits.

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the colors you picked for all the baby knits!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great free patterns, thanks! The kimona and the twins are just adorable.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I love the kimono! The yarn is beautiful. I need to look for some of it to add to my stash. The cotton/acrylic blend can be worn year round, but wool cannot.

Thanks for reminding my about the hat pattern. I know I printed it out before, but never got around to making it. So cute.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The Kimono is so adorable! Aww, those twins are sweet looking in their lovely knits :o)

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, those twins are adorable, and the sweater, wow! Where did the pattern come from, it's always a good idea to have a basic cardigan baby pattern that can be adapted for both sexes, in one's pattern stash. So, if you don't mind sharing the pattern source, I'm all ears.

necia

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Hi Necia, I found two websites that sell the pattern to the Odyssey sweater sets:

http://www.knitnh.com/Reynolds-Pattern-Odyssey-p-810.html

http://www.handworksgallery.com/reykt82225.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home