The Colors of Spring Cotton

This photo makes me smile. These are the colors of spring cotton. As you can see, I'm crocheting up a storm! The blue lace will be another Leisure Arts shrug, like the one I just completed. This one will be a gift for my lil' sis. The pink lace border is my rendition of the lower edge of the $174 crocheted sweater pictured below. I plan to make it in three sections: the back, right and left fronts, and then seam them together. I have spent days of trial and error (more error than trial) in developing this pattern, and I think I now have most of it figured out. But I have to set it aside for now, so I can finish the blue shrug and put it in the mail. These are 1 lb. cones (1200 yds.) of 2-ply mercerized sportweight cotton by Mary Maxim. I like working with this cotton, it has a soft feel, but firm enough for a wearable item. At $12.97 each, the price is very reasonable. I got a request to make yet another shrug out of the lilac color, so it looks like I'll be crocheting for a while. Actually, I'm looking forward to every double crochet. I've been asked which I like most - - knitting or crocheting? I have never been able to answer; I equally love both.





5 Comments:
i am so ready for spring to be here - and those colors definately reflect that (i love the lace so far!!). it's been raining so much here in california lately - i hear it's been pretty hot over there (near 100?) =P
i love the colors! i'm the same i like crochet and knitting the same
Loving those colors, too! I can't wait to see the sweater you're making.
Stitch on!
Those colors make me smile. I can't wait to see the finished product.
This photo makes me smile, too. Girl,looking at your work of art you makes me want to throw down my knitting needles and crochet. I'll take your class whenever Pat can talk you into it. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home