.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's a Shrug Sleeve


Progress on the first sleeve of the shrug. I love it. I have got to make myself one of these! Did you notice how much yarn is still on the cone? What a lovely abundance of yardage! Yes, I'm a happy crocheter....... with plenty of yarn to spare.

5 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The shrug is beautiful! And that is a pretty shade of blue too. I've seen that book advertized and have debated getting it.

Hopefully you'll have enough of the blue left over to make one for yourself (that is if you want it in that colour lol).

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, you do such beautiful work - I wonder if I could ask you a technical question: to achieve gauge in knitting one uses larger or smaller needles as necessary. Do you achieve crochet gauge the same way? I'm making a shrug with the yarn and crochet hook advised in the instructions and the squares are about 1.5 inches smaller than they should be.

Thanks!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks so much for your quick response! I will pick up a couple of larger needles soon, tomorrow if possible. Since I'm off by so much, I may need to go up at least 2 sizes. I'll visit your blog often for inspiration!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I mean "hooks," not "needles!"

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

It's coming along quickly. Make yourself one for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home