.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Lace Bonnet

Lace Bonnet
Pattern: "Knitting for Two" by Erika Knight
Yarn: "Baby Twist" Alpaca
Needle Size: 5 and 3
Ribbon: from a box of chocolates!


The completed Lace Bonnet turned out really cute. Notice the bows didn't exactly turn out like the photo in the book! Overall, I love the pattern and will be making this again (in pink) as a gift at another baby shower in a couple of months. This baby alpaca wool is so soft and lightweight. I wish I had more of it. I bought four balls of it at a local fiber festival, and this was the last of it, so I'll have to order more from the website. (During the holidays I used the pink, white and blue to make the candycane baby hats as gifts.)

More Photos

6 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I like your bow much better than the one in the book. Very pretty!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy, it's just gorgeous! What a lovely gift.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Nik said...

I was going to say that I liked the bows you used, too. But the Winder beat me too it *lol*

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Erica Bunker said...

That is so beautiful! I wish my youngest was still little so I can make her things like that! :-(

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

That came out really beautiful. What a cherished gift!

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice gift to cherish and pass on. You did a great job!
Knit on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home