.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Lace Photo Mat


My latest project is a lace photo mat, the pattern is from Handknit Holidays. I'm using size 0 dpns and a Red Heart yarn called "Luster Sheen." It took a few trys to understand the yarn over short row technique, but I got a lot of help from NonaKnits. The three garter stitch rows on the left edge represent provisional cast on rows which will be ripped out to complete a corner of the mat. If I had size 00 dpns I would have tried them, but I used what I had (imagine that!) This will be a gift for my great-aunt, her bedroom is decorated in this color. At first I planned to use a 5x7" frame, but the mat might take up too much room inside the frame, so I'll probably use an 8x10".

4 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

that looks so pretty! and the color is lovely too =)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I haven't seen anything like that before. Very pretty.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

Very vintage looking! I LOVE it! =)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for coming clean (...de-lurking)!

Yay!! Yours is the 1st blog I've seen with my button! Thanks!

Lovely photo mat, it's very romantic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home