.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Gift for Baby


I'm almost finished with the baby shower gift for tomorrow. Six more rows.........and attach the ribbon. This is the "Lacy Bonnet" from the book "Knitting for Two." I'm using yarn from my stash, a baby alpaca, and size 5 needles. I wanted to make this with a cotton yarn, but I am trying not to buy more yarn, and since there is 6 weeks of winter left, according to Punxsutawney Phil........... (hah!) Knitting this bonnet was easy, so I wonder if tying the ribbon into the bows will be the challenging part. We'll see.........

3 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

oh wow, what an adorable hat!! it will be a beautiful gift. the ribbon, on the other hand, looks pretty too, but yea, i have no idea how to tie a ribbon like that. =P

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I think you're right. The ribbon looks like the challenge.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger april @ faraboverubies said...

This bonnet is soooooo adorable! I ordered this book just to try it. Your version is very nice. Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home