.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

CandyCane Hats

Two more finished gifts as my first F.O. of the new year. These are CandyCane Hats from "Handknit Holidays." These are made in the smallest size for babies, using a size 6 needle. The yarn is the yummy "baby alpaca with a twist" that I bought at a local Fiber Festival. The pattern was at first challenging because I used the magic loop technique and had the stranded yarn pulled too tight at the beginning of each round. I didn't like the way it looked, so I completely frogged the entire blue hat and started over. The second attempt was a keeper, which made the pink hat a breeze. Now all we need here is a real winter so the babies can wear their hats without breaking into a sweat!

8 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger StarKnits said...

i like those hats. great job

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

how cute!!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I think I've given up on winter, but least I'm not having to run the air conditioner today. Love those hats!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooohhhh, very cute hats! Too bad it's too hot to wear them, maybe next year.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, cute hats. :)

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are wonderful. I want a candycane hat in red and white for my self actually *lol*

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Super duper cute -- but you know me - I'm a sucker for a hat!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Marlene said...

Judy those hats are adorable !!!! I totally agree about this weird winter. I am in California, but still... It use to be in the 50's and 40's at this time of the year and it has reached 70 degrees yesterday and today. It feels more like spring. When are we goint to be able to show off our creations ??????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home