.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Good Deal and 33 Inches


Hey, I went out to buy a third ball of yarn for my scarf (ugh) at Hancock Fabrics and decided to make a stop across the street to my favorite book store, "Half Price Books."
Yes, every book is gently used and priced at 50% or more off the original price. I got this lovely book (paperback) for $7.98. Yes!! This book retails for $19.95 and it is in perfect condition. This puts a smile on my face.

As for my scarf, I have knitted up two balls and it now measures 33 inches. Soooooo, a third ball was necessary to make the scarf at least 49 inches long (pre-blocked.) I'm sure that after blocking it will be a little longer..... back to knitting.



3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I stop in Half Price Books every now and then looking for knitting books. I've come across some good deals that way.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Ceci said...

Oh, I love Half Price Books... But I hate it too, because it's just awful to walk in there without just HOURS to spend browsing around. You never know what you might find! Your scarf looks absolutely gorgeous. I love the rich colors. How's that LB mohair to work with? I too, am hoping for a photo of the doggie sweater being modeled by its lovely owner! --Ceci

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Oh Great,
Half Price Book Store.... Wish we had one here!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home