.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Kid 'n Ewe and Llamas Too Fiber Festival


This was the first fiber fest I've ever attended. It was held in Beorne, TX, and I fell in love with the small, colorful city. I spotted two yarn shops on the main street (sorry no photos.) The fiestival was small, but I didn't mind. I went to buy yarn from our local farms, and there was plenty to choose from. My favorite yarn purchases were from Brooks Farm and Windmill Crest Farms. They sold hand-dyed mohair/fine wool blends and alpaca yarns that made my heart skip a beat! There were quite a few spinners there, as well; one tried to lure me into the craft of spinning, but honestly, I'm not ready (yet.) Overall, the yarn, rovings, books, spinning gadgets, etc. and getting a chance to pet a llama for the first time was worth the nearly two hour drive. Oh, and of course, the yarn I purchased at steep discount prices from a vendor from Yarn and Stitches made the ride home very pleasant! (Below are the photos of the "loot.") My only regret is that I got a late start and stayed a little too long and I was not able to attend the Austin Knit-Out that same day, sorry Becky.

5 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

sounded like a lot of fun!! those pictures are too cute =)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Thanks to your post the other day, I was able to attend my first fiber festival too! I thought I saw you there once, but I wasn't sure. And, by the time I got up my nerve to say something, you were gone. I bought some great yarn from Brooks Farms. It was a fun day.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Sorry you weren't able to come to the Knit Out, Judy, but man, I can understand why you were late after seeing all of the beautiful yarn you picked up! I hope I can go to the festival next year - it looks like lots of fun!

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom, sister, aunt and I drove up to the festival Saturday morning and although it was small, it was definately worth the drive! The alpacas were so precious and I fell in love with Brooks Farms yarns and bought an insane amount of it! We also went to Fredericksburg and found lots of great shopping on main street and being quilters also, found a fabulous quilt shop! So even thought the festival was small, what they did have was wonderful! I love the pics of the alpacas you took!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that I missed you, especially since it was such a small venue. I loved the Brooks Farm and bought some of the Duet. Oh and some Cherry Tree Hill laceweight from the vendor in the other building. Oh and I got some of those dollar a ball bags, I think I'll make a Faire Isle for Abby. I am thinking of volunteering next year to help make it a better and bigger show. It was fun, but I wanted to see more animals. You got some good photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home