Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to all of my blogger friends from Rockefeller Center (this is a borrowed photo.) We had a wonderful trip to NYC. Yes, the kids were brave enough to ice skate, even though the temps were in the 30's. We managed to get around the city, despite the transit strike, which means we walked, and walked some more. Since we had 14 people in our group, taking taxi cabs was too expensive of an idea. Folks, it was cold!! The warmest day was about 31 degrees, but get this, with the wind chill factored in, it was 15 degrees! I will venture a guess that we probably drank about 50 gallons of hot chocolate in those five days! One day before the strike,
we hopped the subway and shopped in SoHo and Brooklyn for 9 hours straight! Needless to say, we dropped afterwards. We also did a day trip to Philadelphia and visited family members that we had not seen in years. It turned out to be the highlight of the entire trip, because the kids (8 nieces and nephews, plus my two) got a chance to meet their second cousins, for the first time! The next day we did two Broadway shows, we saw "Lion King" and "The Color Purple",
both were awesome!! Alice Walker, the author of "The Color Purple" was present at the show, and at the end, the cast pointed up to her in recognition, as she was seated in one of the box seats. What a treat! On the knitting front, I managed to start and finish a cabled beanie while on the trip. Can you believe I didn't get to visit any local yarn shops? I had three shops to choose from that were within three miles from my hotel, yet I just didn't have the time. However, a good time was had by all, and it was so much fun being with my family who came up from So. Florida. The trip was the best, and I am looking forward to going back again. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone. Enjoy your family and friends, after all, spending time together is the greatest gift of all.






1 Comments:
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Post a Comment
<< Home