Okay, I visited this website
article for clarification on heel flap construction and this is what I learned: The heel flap should end up measuring 2 - 2 1/2 inches when completed
or knit as many rows as stitches on the needle (which would be half of original cast on amount.) So when I frogged back to 24 rows, I actually ended up with 2 1/4 inches for the heel flap. Gee, I didn't have this problem with my other pairs of socks, but looking back, I used a different yarn for each pair. I guess it depends on how accurate my row gauge is, even though the stitch per inch gauge may be right on. A lesson learned........
2 Comments:
I was off on my row gauge on the last pair of socks I made. The heel flap was bigger than it should have been, but it was okay. I didn't know how to fix it without changing the number of stiches for the width of the foot. Just remember to take your gauge into consideration when it comes to the toe decreases. I had to change that some on mine.
Here is the Steam pattern... I fixed the link
http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/Steam_scarf.pdf
Post a Comment
<< Home