.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 24, 2005

Thank you for your Prayers

I want to thank everyone for their prayers for my family in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. My parents, sister & family, brother & family, aunts/uncles, and my daughter are all safe! Some suffered minor roof damage, downed trees, damage to outdoor sheds, etc. There is no electricity or running water. But they are safe. So far 5 people are known to have been killed, I hope the number doesn't rise any higher. My daughter (a college student) said she heard the dishes rattling inside the kitchen cabinets!! The wind was that strong, folks. They tell me that Ft. Lauderdale hasn't experienced such a direct hit since the 1950's. I'm glad it's over, this is the 8th major storm to hit Florida in 15 months, and if I'm exhausted, I know that all who live there are as well.....

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm glad everyone is safe. Let's hope that's the last of the hurricanes for this season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home