.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Progress: Knit Picks Socks


This is my progress so far on my next pair of socks. This time I'm using KnitPicks sock yarn in the color: Geranium. This yarn is 100% merino wool and it is sooooo soft! I'm using a size 2 cable needle (magic loop) and a free pattern called, "Karen's Lace Socks." The pattern is very easy to follow and so far I like the lacey look. (Click photo for a close-up)

7 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I like those! Thanks for the link to the pattern. I just printed it out. Looks like it is well written and easy to follow.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Beautiful work, as always!!

How is your family?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Marlene said...

Hello Judy, I was just looking at the beatiful catalog from Knit Picks today and I am considering some of their projects as they are very affordable and I am glad to hear that the merino yarn sock is not only affordable but also soft... I wanted to ask you what do you like best for socks; the two circular needle tecnique or the magic loop ??

Which one is easier? Faster ?

Just curious,
Marlene

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marlene,honestly, I have never used the two circular method. I've only tried the dpns and the magic loop, and of those two, the magic loop is easier for me. I've been so content with the magic loop, I haven't even considered trying the two circulars! Maybe one day......

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marlene, sorry, the above anonymous comment was from me.

Judy

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks Judy! I would like to try that the magic loop. I haven't tried the two circular needles either, but the magic loop seems easier.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Marlene, check out the link I provided under "how to" for the tutorial on the magic loop technique.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home