.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Learning the Magic Loop Technique



I took a sock knitting class to learn the magic loop technique. After I learned "the moves" with the cable and the "home position" with the needles, I was good to go. We were given homework before we meet again in a week: complete the cuff and leg. Well, feeling ambitious, I went ahead and did the heel flap and turned the heel. But for the life of me, I couldn't re-position the stitches, needle tips and the working yarn to do the gussett!! So, I'll be in class #2. It would have been so easy to wip out the dpn and finish the sock, but that would defeat the purpose of learning to do it with one cable needle. By the way, I'm usng a size 2, 40 inch cable needle. Oh, in the process, I learned to cast on with the long-tail method. Check out my nice edge! (Did I hear someone ask, "Hey, what happened to that surprise gift you were working on?" Well, I'm still working on it - - this sock class was just a side gig.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home