Pink Sophie Bag (and more!)

Didn't this bag come out gorgeous?! I love it.....I must make one for myself! A word of caution - - the ribbon novelty yarn came out of the wash with signs of wear and tear! So I had to snip more than a few of the ends to get a more finished look. The handles were purchased at Michael's and were so easy to assemble. I thought I would have to knit up little tabs to fold over each bracket to attach the handles to the inside of the purse. Wrong! Since the last nine rows didn't felt as dense as the rest of the purse (because of the novelty yarn), I was able to just poke the bracket through the stitches and come up with a few to hold it in place. Take a look at this close-up. The only thing left to do was insert the little screw and twist it tight. Easy, way too easy! This pink bag is now one of my favorites. I'm pleased with how these bags turned out, and hope my mother and aunt like them as much as I do.





4 Comments:
wow everything looks so nice!! your pink bag felted nicely! i also really like your sophie bag too - out of all the flower arrangements, the one you decided on is the best. and i agree - some of those knitted flowers are way too much work. i seriously need to learn to crochet because i think it's probably easier whipping out flowers that way. =P
Really cute! nice job.
Love these bags! Your work is always top notch...can't wait to see what you'll create next.
It's been such a joy to come across your blog today. I started a charity about three months ago called The Preemie Project. It is dedicated to donating tiny hand knit/crocheted items to premature babies.
Anyhow, it is so refreshing to find other people dedicated to such a worthy cause. Bless you.
Post a Comment
<< Home