.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 05, 2005



An assortment of felted flowers and leaves. I crocheted and knitted a couple of flowers before I made a decision on which to use. Ironically, this was more difficult than making the bag! I couldn't decide which to use! At first I wanted to use knitted rose bud-type flowers with leaves along the top margin of the bag. But I didn't like the pattern: cast on 78 stitches, decrease and increase, and 13 rows later, roll up into a rose bud! Way too much knitting for a single flower! [shown in bottom left photo] So I ended up using the crocheted flowers, which took me all of a couple of minutes to wip out. All were felted once through the wash. In my search for flower patterns via the internet, I've collected a few and plan to post a "flower pattern folder" with the reference links for anyone interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home