My Stitch Markers

I bit the dust and made some stitch markers..........I was of the opinion that they were nice, but certainly not a neccesity. UNTIL, I was knitting on my lunch hour on Friday and kept dropping those tiny little round plastic markers on the floor on what seemed at every other row! Those markers were so tiny, that I lost two of them once they fell. Looking for them got old real fast.......so this weekend I made some stitch markers. (click for close-up) I used turquoise and amber with a silver feather. They were super easy to make because I already had the beads. (I used to do plenty of Native American inspired beadwork in the past.) Before I knew it, I had whipped out six markers and had to stop myself! Boy, are they nicer to work with - - I haven't dropped one yet. So now I am of the opinion that using such fancy stitch markers is rather nice and I can get more knitting done, because I'm not on all fours trying to find lost markers. Want to see some of my beadwork? (click here)





2 Comments:
Those are really nice stitch markers. Your beadwork is beautiful! Now don't lose any of those. I lose those cheap little plastic ones all the time. Makes me afraid to invest in nice ones, but they sure are pretty.
Beautiful beadwork! Also, thanks for the friendly Texas welcome.
Post a Comment
<< Home